Re: [XForms] New prerelease xforms-1.0.94pre16

From: Michal Szymanski
Subject: Re: [XForms] New prerelease xforms-1.0.94pre16
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:16:21 +0100

Hi,

I could not give the new version any heavy testing, it seems to work
fine in my apps.

As for (a), I did not notice any wrong behavior of Home/End in the
previous versions.

For (c), I think it may be arguable to keep (or to stop) tooltips from
showing on deactivated objects. It is usually info on what given
object is for. As such, it may be a valueble info even if at the given
moment it is deactivated. But it is no big deal, I guess.

I have a few requests for change/fix:

1. File browser. I use it extensively, e.g. in astronomical image
displaying app. When one invokes it once again to open another file,
the list is placed so that the previously selected file is at the very
bottom of the list sub-window. This means that going to the "next
file" requires extra click on the slider. If you go through dozens of
files, it becomes a bit annoying. So the request would be to position
the "last file" somewhere in the middle of the subwindow.

2. Fdesign. Some time ago, after a short discussion, we agreed that it
may be desirable to start the application with NO radio button (in any
given radio group) selected. If one, however, activates "test form" in
fdesign and click any of this radio buttons, it gets selected not only
in the test window but also in the form definition ("value = 1" line
added for the button in FD file). No way to deactivate it other than
manually deleting the line from the FD file.

3. Fdesign. This may be harder to fix, so maybe for some future
release. Once any object properties window is opened, "fdesign" sets
the "changed" flag, even if one does not change anything, just
reviewing the properties. Surely one can "discard" the "changes" on
exit but it is a bit misleading if one has a complicated setup and,
after a while, is not 100% sure whether anything WAS actually changed
or not. On the other hand, "saving" a version which is identical to
the previous one, can also be misleading.

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw dot edu dot pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND