[XForms] New pre-release 1.0.94pre10

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: [XForms] New pre-release 1.0.94pre10
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 00:07:45 +0200

Hi,

   sorry for bothering you again after such a short time but
I felt like getting a bit more work done and if you're wil-
ling to spend some time on testing I guess it's better if you
do it on the most recent version:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/xforms/xforms-1.0.94pre10.tar.gz

Beside a bit of further clean-up it comes with two new
functions. First there's

int fl_current_event();

This function allows to determine within an object (or form)
callback what kind of XForms event resulted in the callback
getting invoked (in contrast to the already existing function
fl_last_event() that returns the last XEvent). Might be handy
under some circumstances.

The other function is

int fl_get_label_char_at_mouse(FL_OBJECT *obj);

It allows to determine within a callback for an object the index
of the character of the objects label the mouse is on (and returns
-1 if the mouse isn't on the label or if the label isn't inside
of the object). How it can be used can be seen from the new demo
program 'strange_button.c'. It may sound a bit useless but there
is some background to it: I got one example program attempted to
do something like this by placing "hidden" buttons" beneath each
of the characters of the label and having a callback for those
buttons. This solution suffered from some drawbacks, the worst
being that it assumed a certain width of each character (which
might differ from machine to machine). Thus I have been thinking
about doing it in a simpler and more reliable way for some time
and, when I dabbled with the string drawing routine, realized
that a function like this could make such things a bit more con-
venient. I don't know if it's of any interest but perhaps someone
has a brilliant idea how to exploit it for something more clever
than my lttle demo program.

I guess that was the last pre-release for the next few weeks -
got to concentrate on some other things;-) But don't let that
keep you from reporting bugs etc.! And if not too many bugs are
found I intend to make this (after a final round of testing) the
long-promised new 1.2 release.

                       Best regards, Jens