Re: [XForms] Bug in fdesign

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Bug in fdesign
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:03:04 +0100

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 12:59:38PM +0000, Paul Nicholson wrote:
> The attached .fd file has 2 objects.
>
> I can sort-of reproduce this.
>
> Starting with a blank form, select Spinner from the object
> menu, drag to create a spinner, and then drag again to create
> another spinner without noticing that Spinner has de-selected
> itself in the object menu.   Of course, same for all other
> objects too.   Not a bug, but failure by me to notice that
> the object had de-selected.

But you should get a visual clue that there actually is
just a single spinner, don't you? One could try to not
draw a "rubber band" when there's nothing selected but
that's all I could do (if I find the place, fdesign is
not the simplest program to understand;-)

> While we're on the subject of fdesign bugs, maybe I have
> a little one to offer.
>
> It's a rendering artifact.
>
> Open fdesign, don't bother to create a form or anything,
> just run the slider up and down the Objects menu a few
> times.   It creates spurious horizontal lines just above
> and below the Objects menu box.

Thanks, I see it also. No idea at the moment were this is
coming from. I will have a look but, due to the current
workload, I won't make promises when this will happen;-)

                  Thank you and best regards, Jens