Re: [XForms] library bug in 94 ?

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] library bug in 94 ?
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 10:16:21 +0200

Hi Steve,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:47:20PM -0700, steven suddarth wrote:
> I have an application that calls  fl_flip_yorigin when it starts and
> in it I move a chart around to different places. I noticed a
> mysterious problem with the y position of the chart from calling
> set_object_position. By accident I commented out the flip_y call
> and even though everything was moved around suddenly my object moves
> were working. I found the following two line edit to objects.c
> fixed the problem for me in flip mode:
>
>     if ( y != obj->y )
>     {
>         diff = y - obj->ft1;
>         obj->ft1 += diff;
>         obj->ft2 += diff;
>         obj->fb1 -= diff;
>         obj->fb2 -= diff;
>         obj->y = y;
>     }
>
> //SAS    if ( fli_inverted_y )
> //SAS        obj->y = TRANY( obj, obj->form );
>

>     if ( ! obj->parent )
>         fli_recalc_intersections( obj->form );
>
>     if ( visible )

Thank you for reporting this and even providing a fix!
It's actually a bug I introduced in I think 1.0.92 and
you're right, those lines shouldn't be there. While
correcting this I found also a few other places were I
made similar mistakes that I also hope to have fixed.
I guess you must be one of the last to use the pre-0.80
inverted coordinate system, otherwise those mistakes
dhould have been found a lot earlier;-)

I'm going to make a new pre-release soon that addresses
all the bugs reported in the last weeks. It would be nice
if you then could check if things then work for you cor-
rectly without having to apply fixes manually.

                          Best regards, Jens