[XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre1

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre1
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 16:04:56 +0200

Hi everybody,

   I just uploaded the first pre-release for 1.0.94

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/xforms/xforms-1.0.94pre1.tar.gz

  Sorry for the long delay, but at the moment my other work
is eating up a lot of my time...

  The changes try to address the points Michal Szymanski wrote
about. There's first the missing input field in the file selec-
tor. And then there's the point about the repeat speed setting
for sliders and the scrollbars of a browser. here two things
got changed: first of all before the first "jump" of a slider
or scrollbar is done the library now waits for twice the delay
time (default is 100 ms) between jumps to avoid getting a jump
just because it took a bit longer to release the mouse button.
And the delay time now can be queried and set with the following
functions:

int fl_get_slider_repeat(FL_OBJECT *obj);
void fl_set_slider_repeat(FL_OBJECT *obj, int millised);

int fl_get_browser_scrollbar_repeat(FL_OBJECT *obj);
void fl_set_browser_scrollbar_repeat(FL_OBJECT *obj, int millised);

Michael also asked for a function to set the default delay
time for all browsers. I didn't try to implement this yet
and I am also a bit sceptical: there are dozends of objects
and each has a number of (default) properties that can be
changed on an individual basis. If I start to implement
a "default setter" function for one property of one of the
objects then the question might come up why not having
such  function for all properties of all objects. And that
would result in the addition of propably some hundreds of
extra functions - and my fealing is that we already have more
than enough functions and adding a lot more would just make
it more difficult to decide which one one really needs.
But that doesn't mean that I'm not open to suggestions,
that's just my personal feeling at the moment.

Concerning the strange behaviour Serge Bromow observed I
haven't done anything yet since I wasn't able to reproduce
it on my machine, making finding the reasons somewhat dif-
ficult. If someone has also observed it and has an idea how
it can be reproduced please let me know.

                           Best regards, Jens