Re: [XForms] XForms and UTF-8

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] XForms and UTF-8
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:32:05 +0100

Hi Walter,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 09:20:15AM +0100, walter harms wrote:
> i have read XForms does not support UTF-8
> (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/XForms_(Toolkit))
>
> Is this still an issue ?

That's still true, internally XForms works only with normal
C strings and doesn't take care of possible wide characters.
There seem to have existed a patch for LyX to get around
this but which never got integrated into XForms as far as
I can tell. Sorry, it's on my todo-list but I can't make
any promises at all when I get around to taking care of
that.
                        Best regards, Jens