Re: [XForms] file selection dialog problem

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] file selection dialog problem
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:34:30 +0200

Hi Jussi,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 11:57:24AM -0700, Jussi Eloranta wrote:
> I have an odd problem with the file selection dialog in xforms.
> If I enter the filename in the input box (rather than selecting it
> from the list) and press enter, the system starts acting as the
> keyboard is stuck with pressing return all the time. Even if I
> move the mouse to another window (say terminal), it just inputs
> returns to that window. If I hit space there, all this seems to stop. I
> can see the
> same thing if I started xev earlier and moved the mouse pointer
> over it. This shows that it is receiving returns. One more clue is
> that if I enter the filename in the input box and hit the ready button,
> this does not happen. It has something to do with pressing return
> in the input box.
>
> This happens at least on the following xforms versions (under Fedora 11):
>
> 1.0.90-12 (from fc11)
>
> and
>
> 1.0.92sp1 (compiled from source)
>
> Any ideas what is going on?

Sorry, not yet and I am surprised that it happens both with the
newest version and the rather ancient 1.0.90 version since this
bug hasn't been reported before - at least as far as I remember.
I tried the same (i.e. entering the file name in the input box
and then pressing the <ENTER> key) with some programs I have around
and couldn't reproduce the effect. Since I have seen some problems
with certain window managers, can you tell me what you're using
(KDE, Gnome, fvwm2 etc.)? That's a long shot but perhaps it helps
me to reproduce this behavior... Should you have the demo programs
compiled could you also try out e.g. the 'fbrowse' program (where
a file selector box pops up when you click onto the button labeled
'Load') to see if this happens always or only with certain programs?

                               Best regards, Jens