Re: [XForms] New release xforms-1.0.92

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] New release xforms-1.0.92
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 01:23:31 +0200

Hi Peter,

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 06:23:02PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> I just uploaded it to Debian (I have been away for work).

Thank you!

> > Major changes include:
> >
> > * Documentation has been converted to texi format (which can be
> >   easily converted to PDF, HTML or info format) and is now part
> >   of the XForms sources.
>
> Fantastic news!  So I can replace the old docs with these in Debian?

Yes, of course, that's what they're meant for;-) But they
probably should better only be distributed with 1.0.92 since
several things that were valid for versions up to 1.0.90 have
been removed or changed to fit the newer versions.

BTW, several files in the download directory on Savannah have
an owner and group of "Debian-exim" and "nogroup" that I can't
change or delete. Is it possible that you have access permissions
for them? It would be nice if it would be possible to change the
README and README.documentation files a bit since they have be-
come a bit outdated and thus might confuse new users.

                               Best regards, Jens

PS: You don't seem to be subscribed to the XForms mailing list
    under the psg /AT/ debian.org email address anymore. Probably
    it got lost in the relocation of the mailing list - I can't
    find that email address in the list of subscribers Bob send
    me while you seem to have send messages from there it in the
        past, so I didn't create it when I moved everyone over to
    the Savannah mailing list. There's just a subscription with
    galbraithp /AT/ dfo-mpo.gc.ca which might also be yours.