Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 readiness

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 readiness
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 22:26:12 +0200

BTW, a general question on my part:

I noticed that the GTK File-Chooser dialog that pops up in response to a Browse button in a dialog contains a button 'Open' rather than a button 'OK'. Is this a standard choice? To mee it looks pretty illogical, as pressing the button does not open anything yet, it just copies the file or folder name to the text entry for which you are browsing,
and nothing would be done with it unless you 'OK' that dialog. And even then
actual opening of the file could occur only very much later (e.g. if you browsed for the file to save tournament games on). So I feel that 'OK' would be much more
logical for confirmation of the selected filename.
(The file chooser for things like Load Game is a different one, and 'Open' here
does cover quite well what happens when you press it.)