Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 what's new

From: Joshua Pettus
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 what's new
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:06:52 -0400

> as it happened people were requesting it at the same time I had some
> hours to kill because of bad weather in my Easter holiday bungalow.

Sorry to hear that. :-(

> I also fixed displaying of the premove highlights, which the rewrite of
> the XBoard board drawing had broken. It is slightly worrying that it
> took me so long to discover this.

Sorry I didn’t think to try it out.  I so rarely use pre move, except by
accident, as it can so easily get me into trouble.  I know some people who like
really fast times absolutely depend on it.

I have however found one more thing that maybe we should look into.  If it’s
not to late.  It looks like one click moving is fairly broken.  Far too often
it is assuming moves that I did not intend when there are other legal moves
available  (usually the assumed move is really bad).  For instance as white as
first move I click on the Knight and it automatically moves to f3, not a bad
move in this case, but I don’t have the option to move to h3. Is this intended?
 If it is too late then don’t worry.  It’s been like this in 4.8 and no one
appears to have complained.

I would like another dev release if just to get the  “Browse” button translated
:) but it’s not a big deal I suppose.

Regards,
Josh