[XBoard-devel] gnome help files

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] gnome help files
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 22:15:33 -0700

Hi

anyone knows if we can create gnome help files from texinfo? Might be
interesting to remove the man/info calls with the built-in gnome help.

Seems we would need to generate some xml files in mallard format.

https://developer.gnome.org/platform-overview/unstable/dev-help.html.en

haven't found anything yet, that shows that you can just convert texinfo
files directly to it... sounds like that someone else should have
created a program for that though.

We could also think about sending the texinfo file in for translation,
but perhaps we should do that after the rewrite that was mentioned a few
days ago.

Arun