Re: [XBoard-devel] [solved] save position dialog box

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] [solved] save position dialog box
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 15:20:03 +0100

Chris Bannister schreef op 1/29/2015 om 2:16 PM:
OK, I found the solution

http://askubuntu.com/questions/63202/can-i-stop-apps-from-selecting-recently-used-by-default-in-file-chooser-dialog

I changed the setting in the '.config/gtk-2.0/gtkfilechooser.ini' file
from 'StartupMode=recent' to 'StartupMode=cwd' and voila! it is now
working the way I want. \o/

Not an xboard issue, but handy to know for the archives.

OK, great. I already suspected it had to be some general systems setting, but I don't know Linux well enough to know what. In any case this explains how the behavior for you could be so different from the XBoard behavior for me. Future XBoards will unfortunately still depends on this setting, despite my attempt to let them start in the directory that was last used for files of the sought type: it does this by changing directory to the remembered directory before invoking the file selector dialog. I don't know if there exists a better way to force the file chooser to start in a certain
directory. Perhaps there is, and then we should switch to using that.
Unfortunately it looks like GTK3 doesn't have that option. :(