[XBoard-devel] evaluation graph is empty

From: kamaraju kusumanchi
Subject: [XBoard-devel] evaluation graph is empty
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 13:19:20 -0500

The evaluation graph window is empty when I do

$ xboard -fcp crafty -lgf elfat_7_vs_KamarajuKusumanchi_2015_01_10.pgn

I see that the blue vertical line is moving right on each move but no
vertical bars are displayed.

However, if I do

$ xboard -fcp crafty -initialMode Analysis -lgf
elfat_7_vs_KamarajuKusumanchi_2015_01_10.pgn

and select Mode -> Analyze Game in the xboard window, I see vertical
bars in the evaluation graph window. What is the correct way to start
xboard, so the game is analyzed as soon as I start it?

I am using Debian Jessie and have the following package installed.
address@hidden:~/chess$ dpkg -l \*xboard\* | grep ^ii
ii  xboard         4.8.0-2      amd64        X Window System Chess Board

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi