Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.8.0 release

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.8.0 release
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 22:45:17 +0200

Yann Dirson informed me that Oct 29 is the dead-line for submission to packages to Debian, to go into the next Debian suite. It seems we should be able to make that, but we should allow the Debian XBoard maintaner also some reasonable time to cast our release into a Debian package.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) in the mean time I found some bugs in the dev release. I now pushed the fixes to hgm.nubati.net master. I rebased the branch so they are now the first 5 commits I pushed today.

The other commits are all improvements to the Betza parser for the new (engine -> GUI) 'piece' command. I think we can safely include those as well, as this is in a new feature for use in exotic variants, a feature that no one uses yet (except Fairy-Max and Shokidoki, and that I tested exhaustively).

None of this involves any new translatable strings, so I think it does not have to stand in the way of an immediate release as 4.8.0.

I also wonder if we can 'clear' the GTK build for becoming stable version.