Re: [XBoard-devel] Gettext localization will work with the osx app!

From: Joshua Pettus
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Gettext localization will work with the osx app!
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 23:14:46 -0400

I see, it’s a form of Cantonese.  I could attempt to make a folder for that.
Can’t tell you how useable that would be. :)
Google Translate doesn’t have it.  I found this site though:

http://www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk/scripts/wordsearch.php?level=0

On Oct 4, 2014, at 9:39 PM, Tim Mann <address@hidden> wrote:

> For what it's worth, a little googling tells me that zh_HK is Hong Kong
> Chinese.
>
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Joshua Pettus <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Even if we cant get the code in for 4.8, I kinda would still like to have
>> localization in the app bundle for the release, if that’s ok.
>>
>> Josh
>>
>> On Oct 3, 2014, at 1:55 AM, Joshua Pettus <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Harm,
>>>
>>> I wanted to let you know that I can have gettext working in the mac app.
>>> Turns out, all we needed was to compile xboard with NLS and we were good.
>>> Xboard of course checks the LOCALEDIR which is originally set to
>>> /usr/local/share/locale in the makefile.  I was hoping we could hardcode it
>>> for the Xboard.app to be DataDir/Contents/Resources/share/locale in a way
>>> similar to what we did with SVGDIR.
>>>
>>> There was an extra hurdle regarding the gtkmacintegration library with the
>>> Application (Xboard) menu, which requires to be localized separately by
>>> OSX.  Namely a bunch of language.lproj folders with