Re: [XBoard-devel] theme packages

From: h . g . muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] theme packages
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:49:01 +0100

> cp *.svg `xboard --showDataDir`/themes/xiangqi cp xq.xop `xboard
> --showDataDir`/themes/conf
> cp xqboard.png `xboard --showDataDir`/themes/textures

Oh, I didn't know it was possible to incorporate the output of a program
into a command that way. (I am sort of a Linux noob.) I was whishing I
could, but finally used the system() trick as a work-around.

I agree this is much neater. I will implement the --showDataDir as special
option, in stead of -do. Fortunately I had not pushed to Savannah yet.