Re: [XBoard-devel] forgot to mention

From: Byrial Jensen
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] forgot to mention
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:06:03 +0100

Den 01-03-2012 15:40, address@hidden skrev:
Would it make sense to mark the command strings used to access the web
pages (such as "xdg-open mailto:address@hidden";) translatable? I could
imagine that eventually we could also have translations on-line of the
User Guide, various national versions of the XBoard home page, etc. The
menu items in the national versions could then be made to link the user
directly to the page for his locale.

I don't think it make much sense to make the URL's translatable as long as there are no translated docs.

You could however add an extra item in the menu called "E-mail translation bug report" with a translatable e-mail address. The menu item should then only be used if the e-mail address is set by the used translation if any.

It could maybe also make sense to make the used commands configurable, so a user who doesn't have the xdg-tools can provide some alternative commands.

BTW the text "e-Mail Report Bug" seems a little strange to me.
Shouldn't it be "E-mail Bug Report"

- Byrial