Re: [XBoard-devel] Options and the manual

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Options and the manual
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:27:06 -0800

Hi

>> I think you can have conditional sections, so you can use the same
>> source for the xboard and winboard manuals. And as it is pure text,
>> you can automatically extract information about e.g. options from the
>> C source and insert it into the manuals. That would reduce much of the
>> double work, but it of course takes some work to set up initially.
> I think this would be a very worthwile investment, especially since by
> now XBoard and WinBoard have converged very much. Arun has proposed
> something like this some time ago, and would look into it further, but
> unfortunately he has been so busy for the past year that there has been
> no progress there.

at one point we managed to get windows help files from .texi, so that
should work... the problem is merging the rtf changes into the .texi
file. I started that a bit once, but at the moment I don't have much
time to work on it... I would suggest though not to add anything anymore
to the rtf, just start adding it to the .texi file from now on... That
way we at list don't make the gap larger

Arun