Re: [XBoard-devel] Cross compiling Winboard in Linux

From: Eric Mullins
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Cross compiling Winboard in Linux
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 09:36:28 -0700

On 1/5/2012 9:10 AM, Byrial Jensen wrote:
3) I changed the reference to "res\\winboard.exe.manifest" in
winboard/winboard.rc to use "/" instead of "\"

Is there any any need to have that file in a subdirectory. It would be
easier for me if it could be referenced without the need of path separator.

yeah. some versions of windows will create this whenever you run the program. that is undesirable mostly because now make will think the project is out of date, assuming it doesn't overwrite anything in it-- which may actually be the reason.

4) I replaced windres with i586-mingw32msvc-windres in the makefile and
added --include-dir /usr/i586-mingw32msvc/include to its call arguments.

5) I removed $(PROJ).exe's dependency of $(PROJ).hlp in the makefile, as
I cannot build the help file (I found nothing to replace "C:/Program
Files/Help Workshop/hcrtf"). That dependency seems unnecessary to me
anyway.

hcrtf is the help compiler. I don't care as I'm no longer building the project, but if the rtf changes then so must the .hlp along with it. That's how it would be done.