Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk-branch

From: Adrian Petrescu
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk-branch
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 03:34:12 -0400

You can run native code on Android through the NDK. I'm pretty sure that's how projects like Stockfish managed it.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:30 AM, h.g. muller <address@hidden> wrote:
At 14:02 13-10-2011 -0700, Arun Persaud wrote:
On 10/12/2011 03:35 PM, h.g. muller wrote:
> [...]
> Well, speaking of front ends, how about an Android front end?

think that's more than just a front end... doesn't android run it's app
in a virtual Java machine? And the UI is also all Java as far as I know...

Well, I know nothing about Android. But there is someone working
on an Android application for Xiangqi, who is using my engine
HaQiKi D, which is written in C. And I see announcements of
top engines like Stockfish being released for Android. It is hard
to believe that they would rewrite a 50,000+ line code base in Java
just for the purpose.