Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk update

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk update
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 21:12:06 +0200

I removed all the buttons, I think we also won't need the filter
anymore, since you can search in a GTKTreeView and you can also make the
columns sortable

It is difficult to judge this for me, not knowing how this tree-view works.
Compared to sorting on columns, the filter can in principle also select
on a combination of columns (like black AND white player, rather than just
one of the two). And I often use the filter to count games that match
the patterns, by looking at the W-D-L statistics in the title bar of the
Game List, after selecting A-B or B-A (to get separate statstics fo
white and black separately).

still don't know where that comes from... getting the feeling that this
is a problem with the main loop. Perhaps we need to pull for GTK events
more often?

Well, I would not worry too much about it as long as there is still Xt stuff
around that could be the cause of interference. Just postpone it until
we have a pure GTK version.

H.G.

ARUN