[XBoard-devel] gtk and x11 in parallel

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] gtk and x11 in parallel
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 22:18:06 -0700

Hi

I just played around a bit with trying to get x11 and gtk running in
parallel... I somewhat managed to use the gtk-file-chooser to run with
the rest of xboard (for some reason the file-menu doesn't disappear, but
that hopefully can be fixed?)

Anyway, feel free to test via (savannah is down, so I pushed to my
private clone):

git clone http://nubati.net/git/xboard
git checkout gtk2
./autogen.sh
configure
make
./xboard
file->load game

At the moment the file chooser doesn't use file pattern as the latest
xboard version does, but this should be easy to add... also the cancel
button doesn't seem to work (xboard hangs afterwards).. Anyway it's just
meant to be a proof of concept and perhaps something we could think
about for future versions, since this way we can perhaps change things
one at a time and don't have to do everything at once...

Let me know what you think.

cheers
       ARUN