[XBoard-devel] test packages for parallel install

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] test packages for parallel install
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 21:46:23 -0700

Hello

I've been playing with the open build server and managed to get
developing releases packages for xboard for the following distributions:

 Debian_6.0
 Fedora_14
 Fedora_15
 Mandriva_2010.1
 Mandriva_2010
 openSUSE_11.3
 openSUSE_11.4
 openSUSE_Factory
 openSUSE_Tumbleweed
 xUbuntu_10.10
 xUbuntu_11.04

(Working on packages for CentOS)

There are two packages: xboargit and xboardnext.

xboardgit is the latest version from master
xboardnext is the latest version of the branch v4.5.x

You should be able to install these packages in parallel to your
standard xboard package (if not, let me know). The new executable are
called xboardgit and xboardnext and also their .rc files and
installations directories are changed accordingly.

You can find the packages at:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/apersaud:/xboard/

I can only test the opensuse_Tumbleweed packages and they seem to work
ok. It would be great, if people can try out the packages for some other
distributions. Let me know if there are any problems in the packaging
(e.g. missing desktop files, menu entries, etc) and I'll try to fix them...

The goal is to make the development version easier available for testers
(we need more people to test).

cheers
     ARUN