Re: [XBoard-devel] SVG version of XBoard pixmaps

From: Antoine Mathys
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] SVG version of XBoard pixmaps
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 19:59:16 +0200

On 13. 04. 11 15:03, h.g. muller wrote:
What is needed for inclusion in XBoard is that you transfer the
"translation copyrights" to the FSF, which will then put them under
the GPL. But people still won't still be able to use the graphics,even
when they comply with the GPL, without permission of the owner of the
copyrights holder for the original pieces. GNU has permission to use
and distribute these with XBoard, however. (As should be obvious from
the fact we already use them in pixmap form.)

Thanks for the clarification.

I uploaded a new version with a public domain dedication and improvements to the images.
download: http://dreamdeveloper.ch/pub/xboard-chess-svg-2.0.zip