Re: [XBoard-devel] Promotion and piece menus

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Promotion and piece menus
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 14:00:43 -0700

Hi

another question I have about the sweep motion is how does this work
with controlling xboard via keyboard?

my favorite way would still be to always auto-promote, but to
automatically show an off board menu a move before, so that I can change
the piece that you auto-promote too in time... if we don't want to show
all pieces we could just show the piece that is currently set and you
could click and sweep on that piece to change it. We could show that
piece somewhere near the clocks, e.g. next to the notification area.

Arun