Re: [XBoard-devel] how to contribute to the xboard project

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] how to contribute to the xboard project
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:34:23 -0800

Hello

> I want to know how we can contribute to the xboard project. I have few
> undergraduate students who are willing to work on xboard project like "EPD
> test-suite capability". Kindly let us know what is the procedure for it.

That's great! There are different ways to contribute:

* you can send in patches to the list or include them in the bugtracker
* we use git as a version control software, so you could just create a
public clone and let us know when you pushed something into it via this
email list and we can pull from there. (there is also a clone at
https://github.com/arunpersaud/xboard )
* you can become a member of the project at Savannah
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/xboard/ and push directly into the main
git tree

Please use this email list to discuss any questions that come up.

XBoard/Winboard is a GNU project (http://gnu.org), so it would be great
if you/your students would be willing to assign the copyright to the
Free Software Foundation for your changes. I'll send you some
information about this in a private email in a bit.

ARUN