Re: [XBoard-devel] readline support/ICS input box

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] readline support/ICS input box
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:44:05 -0800

Hi

On 11/30/2010 10:24 PM, Adrian Petrescu wrote:
> Is this open for discussion? I really, really liked the readline
> support (including in OS X), and sorely miss it now that it's gone.
> I'll volunteer to help debug whatever issues plagued the OS X build if
> it helps bring it back.

I think everything is open for discussion ;)

The problem is that we would need someone to implement it correctly...
HGM is working on lots of things already and I only have limited time,
so we would need someone to work on this...

In the long run, as HGM pointed out, we also want to get rid of the
xterm input/output, so it would probably be better to spend time on
debugging the color-output problems in HGM's branch than getting
readline to work.

That said, if you really like the feature and want to work on it, feel
free to do so :)

Also let us know if the TOPLEVEL flag HGM mentioned solved your problem,
perhaps we need to document these things better, so that people know
about their options...

cheers
        ARUN