Re: [XBoard-devel] Menu organization

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Menu organization
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:36:56 +0100

One more thing that I forgot to explicitly point out,
so that it might have gone by unnoticed:

I removed the AnalyzeFile menu item. This item seemed
to be superfluous, as it was merely a combination of
'Load Game', immediately followed by 'Analyze Mode'.
Although in some cases this might save a menu click,
it is not very common that you immediately want to
analyze the first position of a game, and I would think the
normal way to do it was load a game, step to the position
of interest, and then start analysis.

It would make sense to have a menu item (and new feature)
to allow automatic analysis of an entire game, and
add the results of the analysis for each position
(depth/score and a configurable number of initial PV moves)
as comments to the game. The time spent on each position
before stepping to the next could be determined by the
time-control settings. ("Annotate Game").