[XBoard-devel] xboard-windboard documentation

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] xboard-windboard documentation
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 23:39:59 -0700

Hi

just a quick update that I'm working on merging the windboard.rtf file
into the xboard.texi documentation, so that we only have one file that
we need to keep track of. This will also have the advantage that we can
generate windows help files from .texi.

Planning on adding a small tutorial section as an introduction to
XBoard/Winboard that HGM is working on. I'll also add a short
Installation section about what can be configured during the build.

One problem that we have is that XBoard and Winboard have different
names. Also on Windows options start with "/" and not with "-". So for
the moment I'm thinking of producing two outputs from the .texi file:
one for windows and one for unix using the appropriate program name and
option-designator.

Arun