Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk version status

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk version status
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:00:48 -0800

Hi

>>[checking for castling rights in editposition]
> This would require the enum type ChessSquare to be expanded with codes
> GrantRights and RevokeRights, so they can be passed by the dialog
> to EditPositionMenuEvent() to indicate that the buttons were pressed.

don't quite understand why we would need to do this... isn't it enough
to add two check-boxes in the pop-up menu (they probably should have
icons too, e.g. 0-0 or a crossed out 0-0, same for 0-0-0). And then when
you say done, the program just adds the status of those icons (selected
or not-selected) to the board? Seems a lot easier than to remember
things for each piece or am I missing something?

>> [gtk preferences, state and alter functions]

sounds like a good idea, but perhaps we wait with that for a while... I
want to try out how you do those things in gtk first...

ARUN