Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: Fwd: Winboard Source missing sounds folder

From: Tim Mann
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: Fwd: Winboard Source missing sounds folder
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 13:19:52 -0800

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:06:37 -0700, Eric Mullins <address@hidden> wrote:
> Arun Persaud wrote:
> > Hi
> >

> >> I can answer that.  It is possible to generate the one in the winboard
> >> directory if you have cygwin and flex, but we try to assume people don't
> >> have flex and therefore include a pre-generated parser.c in the winboard
> >> directory.  We've had issues with this before, and my with recent
> >> changes to get compiling working again, I noticed it happened again.  I
> >> don't know if my update changed the parser.c timestamp or not, actually.
> >>

> > Is it save for me to just copy the latest parser.c from the xboard
> > directory to the winboard one or does windows need a modified version?
> > If so, I can just do that everytime before I release...
> >

> Probably.  When cygwin/flex generates it, it comes from parser.l.  So it
> really shouldn't matter if flex runs on linux or windows.  Just make
> sure the timestamp on parser.c is later than the one on parser.l.

Right, that should work.  So, I think you just need to have "make
dist"/"make distcheck" depend on parser.c.  Hmm, but maybe there is an
issue with which directory the xboard and winboard makefiles expect
parser.c to be in.  I didn't check on that...

--
Tim Mann  address@hidden  http://tim-mann.org/