[XBoard-devel] Plans for 4.4.2

From: h.g. muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Plans for 4.4.2
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 21:25:26 +0100

OK, now that 4.4.1 is out and the worst 4.4.0 bugs seem to be fixed, I guess I will
quiet down on XBoard for a while, to advance my other Chess projects. (I still
want to write a Shogi engine fr next year's ICGA event.) Nevertheless I already
have a wish list of features for WinBoard, that I might sneek in when I have some
spare time:

                                      NEAR-TERM PLANS

1) Add support for FICS atomic draw claims, through F6 + making move.
2) Add max-time-per-move (st mode) entry field to TC dialog
3) Implement multi-variation support, by adding feature plus command,
   a control in Global-Settings dialog, and score-sorting in Engine-Output
4) Implement parsing of new Thinking-Output format
5) Make 50-move counter visible somewhere (between clocks?)
6) Better formatting of telluser and tellusererror through standard escapes \n and \t
7) Implement post feature for specifying post frequencies with post command.
8) Seek graph for WinBoard (Summoned up in board window, when not playing?)

                           BADLY NEEDED XBOARD FEATURES

1) GetLine support for ICS console
2) Decent file selector
3) Save Game Options dialog
4) Load Game Options dialog
5) Game-list options dialog
6) Settings file
7) Awareness of its window coordinates
8) Evaluation graph.

Problem of the latter group is that they are all front end. So probably better
to postpone those till after 5.0