Re: [XBoard-devel] installer

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] installer
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 22:39:04 +0200

What do you all think?

I think this is ridiculous. The WinBoard installer has always contained timeseal.
We would have to remove all old WinBoard installers.
There are good reasons for wanting timeseal to be closed source,
and good reasons for wanting to distribute it without Winboard.

Who is threatening to throw us off the GNU site if we refuse to remove timeseal
from the package? I say we just leave things as they currently are, and ignore
them. If they insist on stricty enforcing policy, they can alway change policy.

If not, I propose we move the project site to another host, and cease to be
a GNU project. Who wants GNU if they make life difficult, in stead of easy?

H.G.