Re: [XBoard-devel] small bugs in the release

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] small bugs in the release
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 07:52:39 +0200

At 21:55 7-9-2009 -0700, Arun Persaud wrote:
Hi

since this was the first time I really packaged anything, I made a few mistakes... thinking of fixing them in the next days and do a 4.4.0.1. This would only have tiny fixes in it (for example using a working "make dist"). Is everyone ok with this? Or should we call it 4.4.1? I think 4.4.0.1 is more appropriate.

I think we should reserve new numbers for releases that really result in a new executable. In the past 4.2.7 was upgraded to 4.2.7b when there was a change in the installer. I think that it would be better to stick to that system. Call the package 4.4.0b. It is still the same XBoard 4.4.0. It is just the way of installing it (from source) that hs changed.

Apart from that I already got the first new real patches from HGM, which I will upload afterwards...