Re: [XBoard-devel] Installer

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Installer
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 22:06:09 +0200

I succeeded in decompiling the .chm file, changing the html, and compiling it again. So I should have an updated .chm file now. The fishy thing is that it has shrunk from 129KB to 77KB in the process??? Didn't notice something that was obviously missing,
though. But the difference is so large that I should make a thorough check...

The problem with the Engine-Settings dialog is for sure a Polyglot problem.
Polyglot sends many engines double. It actually launches double in the task manager,
when it does this, and then one of the two tasks hangs. All very bad. Michel's
latest version (from which I derived mine) all suffer from this. We must wait for this.

I beefed up the test for th Polyglot info-string kludge, so that the leading numbers in the Engine-Output window now are only omitted if they are indeed all zero (except
depth, which is now always printed).

I had a few misspellings in the winboard.ini that goes with the install ("polygolt"...),
so I corrected those.

I added a logo for SMIRF.

I guess everything is pretty much ready, except for Polyglot, and a winboard.exe that I want to build from sources directly downloaded from git. (What I have here
already contains too many 4.4.1 patches...)