Re: [XBoard-devel] beta version

From: Eric Mullins
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] beta version
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 00:34:08 -0600

Arun Persaud wrote:
Hi

after having quite a few alpha's I'll put together a beta tomorrow or the day
after. I'll also create an opensuse package and HG will create a .deb file.
Perhaps someone can create a windows zip file and then I'll upload those to
alpha.gnu.org (the official ftp-server for pre-releases). Is there anything
that we should still change before releasing this beta version?
There's 2 things I'd like to see before we release:

1) Instead of having a jaws and non-jaws binaries, I'd like to have just one that does JAWS if it finds the jaws dll, otherwise behaving regularly. I mentioned this to HGM in a private email, but haven't heard back. I can do this fairly quickly though.

2) create a small gui-script to act as a startup dialog for xboard. This I don't know how to do, but someone else might, and it can't be that hard. Basically something that works like winetricks if you've ever seen that in action.