Re: [XBoard-devel] getting closer to a release: updated Changelog, AUTHO

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] getting closer to a release: updated Changelog, AUTHORS and copyright
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:46:35 -0700

Hi

>> * at least create ubuntu packages (such as using ppa launchpad)
>> * we could even write a script to act like the startup dialog,
>> launching xboard with various options the user selects when running it
>> * provide sample .Xdefaults and or FICS or ICS scripts, or at least a
>> good HOWTO
>
> Are Ubuntu packages different from the Debian package I made?
> ( http://home.hccnet.nl/h.g.muller/xboard_4.4.0~hgm-2_i386.deb )

I also have rpm packages of xboard for opensuse
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/apersaud/). I'll put a
link up on the gnu-webpage to point to those two as a developer release
for beta-tester. I'll also upload a tar.gz of the latest snapshot to
alpha.gnu.org.

I also will contact the FICS admins and ICS to spread the word a bit.

ARUN