Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: Fwd: Re: [Bug-XBoard] Please Help

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: Fwd: Re: [Bug-XBoard] Please Help
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:42:10 -0700

Hi

> Thanks for offering to donate your work.  I'm not really working on
> xboard anymore and haven't looked at what you did, so I'm not sure if
> there's enough there that we need you to sign a copyright
> assignment to
> be able to easily add support for those variants, or if it's just a
> matter of a couple of tweaks on top of the variant support that H.G.
> already has in his fork.  Maybe Arun and H.G. can say.

at the moment we are trying to merge two forks from xboard/winboard back into
the main tree. Pretty sure we can add the code to it afterwards. Quite a few of
the changes in your patch will be in the new version of xboard/winboard anyway
(e.g. different boardsizes), so we probably should have a look at it after we
are done with the merge.

> Note that we haven't done a release from the main line for years
> (and I don't expect there will be one soon),

We probably will have a bunch of them soon because of all the incoming changes
:)

cheers
      ARUN