[XBoard-devel] Rebel 12 and protocol wb2 problems

From: Daniel Mehrmann
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Rebel 12 and protocol wb2 problems
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 23:36:47 +0100

Hello,

i forward this message. I posted it on the CCC Forum:

http://www.talkchess.com/forums/1/message.html?347390

Posted by Daniel Mehrmannn (Profile) on February 05, 2004 at 17:23:57:

Hi all,

i buyed Rebel 12 from the Lokasoftpage.

First one question:
Is that true that Rebel 12 don't support EGTB at all ?

I readed that rebel 12 should support wb2 protocol. Thats sound great
for me and
i wanna test it vs my own chessgine homer with winboard.

But then i saw, many tests and winboard debug, that REbel 12 don't work with
winboard and i was looking deeper what Rebel did and read some pdf
documents of
the Lokasoft webpage.

So i want say that Rebel 12 definitely, for me,  _not_ support the
offical wb2
protocol. To many basics are not supported and to many own extensions
are used
so far.

I don't know why the Lokapeople write wb2 support on her webpage, but
its wrong.

But i wanna use Rebel12 with winboard. So i begin to write a patch,
based on the
latest winboard cvs source code, to make winboard compatible with Rebel12.
That mean that you can run it and see all engine output. It means not
that you
are can setup rebel12 special functions over winboard gui.

If its ready i will post this patch here on CCC and i wanna send a
binary to Leo
if he accept it.

This special verion will not merge with the main develop line of
winboard. It
will be only useable for this version.

Daniel Mehrmann
X/Winboard developer