[XBoard-devel] Re: Internationalization (i18n) and localization (l10n) o

From: A. Alper ATICI
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Re: Internationalization (i18n) and localization (l10n) of XBoard/WinBoard
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:49:46 +0200

Hello everybody!

I can contribute to i18n effort, actually I've already checked out
4.2.pre7 and started fiddling with it.

AFAICS, XBoard does not select font with the correct charset unless
stated explicitly with -font option. Do you think usage of this option
should be imposed to get localized output and the code left intact,
or should FindFont() be updated to handle this? (and for the latter,
what do you suggest? FontSets?)

As for WinBoard, we'll need gettext and libiconv installed on target
platform. Will the user be responsible for that? (there already exist
win32 binaries of these packages on Gnu mirrors, i.e. *.bin.woe32.zip)

regards,
A. Alper ATICI

--

PGP keys @ http://web.ttnet.net.tr/alperatici/anahtar.asc
fpr(S) = DFA9 6619 70C7 400C 1DA8  7BFB 2C56 F3AF B824 F550