www-pt-br-general

[www-pt-br-general] Fwd: Less than one week until International Day Agai

From: Cassiano dos Santos
Subject: [www-pt-br-general] Fwd: Less than one week until International Day Against DRM on Sept. 18
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 20:03:53 -0300

Dia internacional contra o DRM.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Molly de Blanc, DBD <address@hidden>
Date: qui, 13 de set de 2018 às 17:22
To: Cassiano dos Santos <address@hidden>

Defective by Design

Read and share online: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/take_action_september_18th_international_day_against_drm

Hello Cassiano Reinert dos Santos,

September 18th -- less than one week away -- is International Day Against DRM (IDAD), an annual day of action and celebration against Digital Restrictions Management (DRM). On IDAD, people who care about DRM get together all over the world and the Web to say in one voice that we stand against DRM and for digital freedom.

Pledge to participate in this year's IDAD!

Want to get involved?

People are gathering digitally and in-person to take action against DRM, and you can be involved. Here are just a few things you can do as an individual:

  • Organize a flyering event. If you haven't done one before, check out our Giving Guide Giveaway Primer, as inspiration. You can also contact us at address@hidden for advice and materials. Alternatively, put up anti-DRM and DRM-free flyers around your campus, community, or neighborhood.

  • Go a Day Without DRM! We're challenging ourselves to go a day without using DRM-encumbered media and devices: no Netflix, Steam, or locked down ebooks or music. We'll be blogging about the experience afterwards and sharing on social media throughout the day.

  • Write your own blog post about why you oppose DRM.

  • Share on social media using the hashtag #IDAD.

Hosting an event? We can help you reach out to free software supporters in your area. Contact us at address@hidden.

Are you an organization?

Do you run or work for an organization that opposes DRM? You can join us as well.

  • Show your support by adding your logo to the logo cloud on the right-hand side of this page.

  • Organize an event in your area. Past events have included a video game festival, film screenings, rallies in public spaces, and protests at DRM-supporting businesses.

  • Share with your members, constituents, supporters, and followers why you stand against DRM.

  • Add a modal window to your Web site before IDAD and/or on the day of. (Our modal window works without proprietary _javascript_.)

  • Offer a discount, deal, or giveaway of DRM-free media or DRM-free devices.

We're also interested in hearing your ideas, so feel free to contact us at address@hidden.

See you on September 18th!

Let us know you'll be there.

Cheers,

Molly de Blanc
Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation
she/her/hers

Follow us on GNU social | Follow us on Twitter | Read about why we use Twitter, but only with caveats

Subscribe to our blog via RSS

Donate to support the campaign

Defective by Design is a campaign of the Free Software Foundation:

51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110-1335
United States

Read the Free Software Foundation Privacy Policy