wp-mirror-list

[Wp-mirror-list] Fwd: Issue getting the default configuration of wp-mirr

From: wp mirror
Subject: [Wp-mirror-list] Fwd: Issue getting the default configuration of wp-mirror 0.6 to work
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 20:47:04 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guy Castagnoli <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 18:39:13 +0100
To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>

Dear Kent,

My name is Guy Castagnoli. I’m a mathematician/programmer in Zurich,
Switzerland and I would like to get to know the technologies behind
wikipedia by using with the English simple wiki.

I've have successfully downloaded and installed wp-mirror 0.6 on a
Debian 7.2.0 (wheezy) system. However, I can't get the default
configuration (simple wiki) to work.

First, it seems the default download source for xml-files,
http://ftpmirror.your.org/pub/wikimedia/pub/dumps/ doesn’t work
anymore  because wikipedia seems to have inserted an extra page under
that URL (it gets redirected to the following page:
http://dumps.wikimedia.your.org/ <http://dumps.wikimedia.your.org/>
which some announcements but has no sources for download). Therefore,
I tried the other options for wikimedia-site-xdump given in
/etc/wp-mirror/local.conf by uncommenting the corresponding lines.

With the ftp and the rsync  lines under Wikimedia-site-xdump
activated, the fsm does non-trivial action. The commonswiki,
simplewiki, and simplewiktinary databases are created, but the fsm
doesn't evolve beyond fsm-database-create. wp-mirror.log ends with a
[fail]fsm-database-create line for all three databases. Their state in
wpmirror.profile is 'fail'. The log says, that the three created
databases have 0 tables, which looks suspicious. Turning on the mysql
general log confirms that database_farm.sql generated no "CREATE
TABLE" statements. Also, the mailing lists and the "What's new"
sections give no hint about the significance of this.

Since mechanically, my wp-mirror installation seems to be working
correctly and since I'm unsure of what to expect from the source URLs
configurable by uncommenting in local.conf, I tought I would turn to
you to see whether I’m basically on track or whether there is a known
issue. My next step would be to try to inspect wp-mirror's network
interactions to make sure wp-mirror is receiving all the data it's
expecting. However, since it may be clear to you whether this could be
the source of the issue, I'd appreciate any hint, before going further
- especially if it's that the downloadable packages on the internet
have changed and you're already working on this.. Perhaps to start
out, it would be more reasonable to study the wp-mirror guide and
manually perform the steps to establish a mirror of the simple wiki?

With kind regards, and already now, many thanks for your response,

Guy

p.s.: am attaching the output of "wp-mirror --mirror --debug" after a
"wp-mirror --recreate" and setting  *wikimedia-site-xdump*  =
"ftp://ftpmirror.your.org/pub/wikimedia/dumps/";