wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Wesnoth 0.9.2

From: Andreas Grosse
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Wesnoth 0.9.2
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 16:44:54 +0200

Isaac Clerencia <address@hidden> [27:05:05 15:50] wrote:
> Please, let me know if there is some important bug that should be closed or a
> nice feature that you want to push in before releasing Wesnoth 0.9.2
As I already pointed out in my last mail, I don't think that the
"Advanced" tab should be distributed to the public.

Enabling non-binary saves is in my opinion a feature which is not neeeded
by normal users and it encourages cheating since modifying the save game
is easier. I think having this configurable is a good thing, but via
console would suffice. Besides, the advanced tab is the perfect place
for developers to put all their stuff which didn't fit elsewhere, which
is a bad habit. And, as a last point, it looks different than all other
tabs, and it's user interface is not very intuitive, so _if_ we keep it,
it should at least be adjusted to the other tabs.

Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion, and I might be totally
wrong about this. So I'd like to hear your opinion about it.

Cheers,
        majestyk