wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] poison resistance

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] poison resistance
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 22:36:06 +0200

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 10:33:33AM -0400, John McNabb wrote:
> 0) resistance will have the usual meaning ie 100% resistance means you
> take full damage from poison (currently 8 pts)
> 1) units with no explicit poison resistance will be assumed to have 100%.

To clarify: resistance is currently a value from 0 to 200.  100 is usually
written as "0% resistance" (resistance does not affect damage), 0 is
"100% resistance" (damage on successful strike is always 1) and 200 is
"-100% resistance" (double damage on successful strike).  Since we moved
to RATE calculations, we could in theory extend the resistance range:
-100 would be "heals 100% of the strike value on successful strike" and
300 would be "treble damage on successful strike".  This kind of tweaking
would be easy to implement, it is easy to understand and to explain,
and could make sense in certain contexts: think of a wand of healing,
or an Orcslayer attack for Elvish Superheroes.

On the other hand, the proposed poison resistance in my opinion needlessly
complicates the game, and I would prefer to play the game without such
complications.

-- address@hidden