wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] About the ulfserker

From: Joseph Simmons
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] About the ulfserker
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 16:41:18 -0500

The whole idea of berserker makes it unsuitable for campaign purposes. (Who wants to advance a unit that either dies or wastes experience? And who wants to hire a unit in a campaign that you shouldn't advance?)

So, its fine to worry about making the ulf balanced and fun for MP, but I think we should not bother with making it good for campaigns. Unless we want to remove the entire idea of berserker as a specialty, or change it per EP's suggestion (to make berserker only work for 3 rounds, not until one side dies).

As for making it fun for MP, I actually think EP's suggestion is a good one. It makes the unit less suicidal, but keeps with the idea of the unit, and will make it less extreme, thus easier to balance.

--
Joseph Simmons

Turin Turambar - Master of Fate, by Fate Mastered