weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [bug #38215] Weechat relay sync/desync not working as spec

From: anonymous
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [bug #38215] Weechat relay sync/desync not working as specified
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 23:52:08 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: Keith Johnson
        Originator Email: address@hidden
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: other
                IRC nick: ubergeek42

Details:

See attached screenshot.
http://i.imgur.com/r2mXZYc.png

I have modified my client slightly, and it calls desync and desync *
buffer,nicklist when it connects(To attempt to narrow down this bug)

Everything works as expected, I don't receive any _nicklist messages from
weechat.  Then I sync on a single channel(freenode.#ubergeek42, a test channel
I use), but get the nicklist notifications for other channels that I am in.

Additionally, I sent a message in my test channel(#ubergeek42) while this
client was connected, and no message was sent to the client.  I believe it has
only worked for me when calling 'sync' with no arguments to sync everything.

Looking at the code I don't see anywhere in the
relay_weechat_protocol_*_nicklist_cb that it checks the buffers_sync variable
to see if it should send this nicklist.  The other issue of not sending
messages for a 'sync'd buffer is more unusual, as that code appears to check
the hashtable, but for some reason it isn't working(maybe the format for full
buffer name is incorrect)?

This was tested with version 0.4.0-dev(compiled Nov 9th).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38215>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/