weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [bug #35705] /msg nickserv release <nick> <pass> doesn't m

From: Sebastien Helleu
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [bug #35705] /msg nickserv release <nick> <pass> doesn't mask password
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 11:41:25 +0000

Update of bug #35705 (project weechat):

                Category:                   other => display
              Item Group:                security => display
             Assigned to:                    None => flashcode

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

The passwords are hidden with rmodifiers (see /help rmodifier). Purpose of
rmodifiers is to be flexible, so you can hide what you want by changing or
adding modifiers.
It was possible to change the "nickserv" rmodifier to hide password when using
"release" option.
But I agree this should be default, so I just updated default regex for this
modifier.
If you want to update your rmodifier, please look at release notes:
http://weechat.org/files/releasenotes/ReleaseNotes-devel.html

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?35705>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/