weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [task #10321] Case sensitive or regular expression support

From: Filip H.F.
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [task #10321] Case sensitive or regular expression support for Highlights
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 23:53:14 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                IRC nick: FiXato

Details:

Currently highlights in weechat are done with a case _in_sensitive
comparison.
I would greatly appreciate it if it would be possible to indicate specific
words to be a case-sensitive match only, or preferably even to allow regular
expression support for it.

For me it would help with being highlighted on my nickname. As my nickname
FiXato often gets abbreviated to FiX, I would like to be able to add that to
my highlight list, without risking being highlighted everytime says "they
should fix something" for instance..

Regular expression would come in handy for IRC Oper tasks as well, as I could
monitor for instance for bots with a certain nick/ident/gecos pattern.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10321>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/