web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] Re: Translation Coordination Status

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Web-trans] Re: Translation Coordination Status
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:38:13 -0500

     7.Audit translation status
    (a)Take an inventory of what has been translated and
    generate a prioritized list of what needs to be
    translated. I expect that this may be a useful
    exercise for languages with no translation teams as
    yet.

This is a useful thing to do, but please put this off until
after the other tasks are going smoothly.

     8.Promote new language translations

The most efficient ways to do this would be by putting
notes in certain places on our site inviting people to
volunteer to translate.

Please don't start thinking about this until
after the other tasks are going smoothly.