web-hurd

Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:35:55 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:13:39PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> Do it yourself. The guidelines are very clear and you're the only person here
> who is "in doubt". So far the consensus in this list is that linking to Debian
> GNU/Hurd is ok.

The consensus on this list does not matter in this question, nor does the
opinion of Alfred or whoever.

I will look at it, but right now my head is full of complicated race
conditions in Hurd-to-L4 design questions, and my motivation to dig through
this discussion and GNU web policies has reached an all-time low.

> I'm tired of this silly discussion. Is anyone with CVS access willing to apply
> my patches and fix this mess? Otherwise I'll just let the Hurd website to stay
> with a broken installation path untill we have enough users complaining in
> help-hurd and someone reacts.

My advice: Ignore Alfred if you can't stand him.  I appreciate his
contributions, but he is not the one in charge on this question, so you
don't need to fight or convince him.

Your problem right now is that I am the one in charge, and I am ignoring
this issue right now due to lack of time and lack of commitment.  There are
two ways this can be solved: I get to it eventually, or somebody whose
judgement I trust approaches me and presents me a reasonable solution I
just have to rubberstamp.  The chances that the latter will happen is low,
but I will have a look around if somebody is willing to work on it.

So far I have not even looked at your patches, and only took notice of the
discussion in passing.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden